The event is organized in full compliance with the Italian Chess Federation protocols regarding the limitations related to COVID-19. More generally the participation may be subject to possible new Government decisions that will be promptly announced in the official website under the section “COVID-19”.
Countries of the European Union and the Schengen area: entry with COVID-19 Green Certificate
The COVID-19 Green Certificate makes it easier to travel to Italy and other countries of the European Union and to the countries of the Schengen area. To enter Italy with the COVID-19 Green Certificate, travelers must meet one of the following conditions, as shown in the Certificate:
- have completed the prescribed anti-SARS-CoV-2 vaccination cycle for at least 14 days
- or have recovered from COVID-19
- or have taken a molecular or antigen swab test within 48 hours prior to entering Italy with negative results.
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Based on the Order of the Ministry of Health of 29 July 2021, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (including Gibraltar and the Isle of Man, Channel Islands, and British bases in Cyprus) belongs in List D
Therefore, travelers from these countries must do the following:
- fill out the dPLF
- take a swab test within 48 hours prior to their arrival in Italy
- be in self-quarantine for 5 days
- take a swab test at the end of the 5-day quarantine
Other than filling out the dPLF, which is always mandatory, the other measures can be waived according to specific criteria. See the Exemptions section.
Certificates issued by the health authorities of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (including Gibraltar and the Isle of Man, Channel Islands and British bases on the island of Cyprus) are equivalent to those of the European Union for access to activities and services on the Italian territory such as indoor restaurants, museums, and cinemas. They can be presented in paper or digital format, in compliance with the requirements established by the circular of 30 June 2021 on the equivalence of vaccination and recovery certificates.
Exemptions for entries for national sporting competitions
Participants in competitions taking place exclusively on Italian territory and meeting specific conditions identified in Article 18 of the Italian Prime Ministerial Decree of 2 March 2021 may benefit from this exemption.
Each beneficiary must fill in the Digital Passenger Locator Form before entering Italy, so it is not necessary to request this exemption from the Italian Ministry of Health.
It applies as per current legislation to the following categories:
- to the entry of athletes, coaches, judges, competition commissioners and accompanying persons, representatives of the foreign press for participation in the sporting competitions referred to in Art. 18, paragraph 1 who, in the 48 hours prior to entering the national territory, have undergone a molecular or antigenic test, carried out by means of a swab and found to be negative.
- it is also allowed to enter from countries from which entry into Italy is otherwise prohibited as per Art. 49, paragraph 5, of the Italian Prime Ministerial Decree of 2 March 2021
For further information please refer to:
- Covid-19 Situation in Italy
- Information Line 1500
- Focus Italian nationals returning to Italy and foreigners in Italy – Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- the website www.viaggiaresicuri.it (Safe Travels)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation What are you interested in?
- Select your destination at: Re-open.europa.eu/en
- Eu digital Covid-19 certificate
In case of cancelation for health reasons and especially COVID-19 participants will be refunded. A complete refund will be provided if the competition will not take place because of the pandemic.